Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Julio Iglesias grateful for having the chance to sing in Peru again


Lima, Feb. 17 (ANDINA).- Upon his arrival in Peru, the Spanish singer Julio Iglesias, thanked Peruvians for giving him the opportunity to get back on stage in a country which evokes pleasant memories.
"The important thing is that I’m already in Peru, where I have sung for many years and I have so many memories, I'm glad that I am here with you," stated the Spanish celebrity.

"When artists visit a country, they usually think it will be the last time they will be there, but it is great when you are invited to come back," he added.

Julio Iglesias arrived at Jorge Chavez International Airport at 17:20 hours (22:20 GMT) after 11-year absence.

Iglesias will play a concert tomorrow at the Jockey Club del Peru, after having successfully toured several cities in Argentina including Buenos Aires and Mar del Plata.

No comments: