Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The President of Georgia met with Julio Iglesias

from julioiglesias.com

The President of Georgia met with the famous Spanish singer Julio Iglesias before the beginning of the New Year concert in Batumi. Mikheil Saakashvili congratulated the megastar on the New Year, spoke with the guest in his native language, and showed him the Art Center of Batumi.

Later, an extraordinary concert was held at the Wonderland Square of Batumi, in which famous Georgian and foreign performers participated along with the Spanish singer.

Mikheil Saakashvili and tens of thousands of people attended the concert. Julio Iglesias addressed the people who were gathered at Wonderland Square and thanked the President and the Georgian people for their warm and heartfelt hospitality.
“I know that Georgian people are very strong and I’m happy that I’m with them today; Mr. President you have done a lot of things for this country. I’m grateful that I had a chance to meet with your people. I also know that in every house people are watching our concert this night. Accept my sincere congratulations. Happy New Year Georgia and everyone” - noted Julio Iglesias.

Source: Official Website of the President of Georgia

No comments: